American Airlines is partnering with long-standing national partner American Red Cross to raise funds for the nonprofit’s efforts on the frontlines of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. American is proud to be a $1 million member of the American Red Cross Annual Disaster Giving Program.
The Red Cross has activated its fullest resources to support the COVID-19 response. Monetary donations are the best way to assist those in need at this time, which will help provide support for blood drives and critical relief services through trained Red Cross personnel who are on the ground, assisting with the outbreak. From now through April 30, AAdvantage® members can earn 10 miles for every dollar donated to the Red Cross with a minimum $25 donation. Visit the Red Cross website to donate now.
Donations designated to the coronavirus outbreak will be used to:
- Help the Red Cross maintain a sufficient supply of blood to help patients in need and prevent any shortages.
- Ensure that the Red Cross is able to provide critical relief services to people during the outbreak to include equipping and training volunteers and staff to safely provide food, shelter, comfort and relief supplies.
- Invest in technology and training for counseling, financial assistance and other relief services virtually.
- Provide new cleaning protocols for shelters, food service space and emergency response vehicles.
- Increase health screenings of volunteers and employees who provide disaster relief services.
- Provide noncongregate lodging accommodations for volunteers.
“American Airlines has been a steadfast and committed partner with the Red Cross for more than a decade,” said David Staszak, Divisional Vice President with American Red Cross. “When the Red Cross has a critical need to fulfill, American Airlines has always provided that requested support. The lifesaving mission of the Red Cross could not be delivered to thousands every year without key partners like American Airlines.”
“American has partnered with the Red Cross for 12 years, and we have seen firsthand the way they put AAdvantage miles and donations to work on the frontlines, supporting citizens who have experienced a hurricane, flooding, tornadoes or health concerns,” said Ron DeFeo, Senior Vice President of Global Engagement. “There’s no better way to partner with our customers and our team members to make a real impact on the frontlines of this fight.”